The Santa Maria Valley Chamber helps the business community prosper. We are a catalyst for business growth, a convener of leaders and influencers, and a champion for a stronger Santa Maria Valley.
We achieve this purpose through valuable business services, deep and relevant connections, business learning opportunities, and influence on economic and public policies.
The Chamber brings a unique perspective and lens to our work. Because we operate the Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Commission, and Visitor Bureau/Tourism Marketing District, we can bring to bear a full spectrum of tools and services to truly make a difference in the lives of businesses and individuals throughout our city and valley.
The Chamber brings leadership to the process of creating a community where business thrives. Partnering with employers and community partners, we work to create a “culture of commerce.”
Chamber programs are built around the core principles of:
|Creating a strong local economy|
|Promoting the community|
|Providing networking opportunities|
|Representing the interests of business with government|
The Chamber is the largest business organization in northern Santa Barbara County. Its members include small businesses, corporations, associations, and individual professionals. Since 1919, the Chamber has worked with local government, education, private industry, and a host of other agencies and organizations to improve the business environment and promote the Santa Maria Valley as a premier community in which to live, work, and do business.
The Chamber organizes and directs the efforts of those who share the desire to improve the conditions under which business is conducted. Through participation in the Chamber, members are able to accomplish collectively what they could not do individually. This spirit of collective action, partnership, and collaboration drives our successes.
The mission of the Santa Maria Valley Chamber is to be a Catalyst for business growth, a Convener of leaders and influencers, and a Champion for a stronger Santa Maria Valley.
Our vision at the Santa Maria Valley Chamber is to be an essential partner for our businesses and community.
Our promise to our members and stakeholders is simply this … We’re Here for Business.
We connect, inform, and influence. We are capable of helping any business that comes through our doors. Above all, we want to see our local businesses succeed because we know that leads to a successful community.
The Santa Maria Valley Chamber believes it is important we are:
- Accountable: We evaluate the impact of our work to ensure measurable value to our members and investors and support the priorities of our members and partners.
- An Advocate: We educate our community that business success is essential to overall community success and quality of life.
- Ethical: We are trustworthy, open to possibilities, and inclusive; we hold high expectations and conduct our business with honesty, respect, and transparency.
- Inclusive: We will improve equality of access and opportunity, with a specific focus on connecting the economically disadvantaged to business and community engagement opportunities.
- Regional: We collaborate across our region in economic development, legislative advocacy, and business support.
- A Resource: We connect members with best practices, business trends, successful ideas, and new partners.